Monday, December 21, 2009

The Bloggers are Hot this Monday Morning

I probably spend a disproportionate amount of time reading some of my favorite blogs. But sometimes I'm so glad I didn't miss what someone wrote. This morning was one such day. There were four separate posts that the Lord used to stir my mind, to convict my spirit and to exhort me in pastoral ministry. I'm thankful for the men and women who write to God's glory for the benefit of His church.

1. The first is by Thabite Anyabwile. In his post called "Calvinist Confessions,1," he writes about how the concern of "The Reformed" with precision is fraught with danger towards pharisaism. I've seen this tendency in myself lately and I don't like it.

2. "Letters to Luke (I)," by Tim Challies, is a good example of how to respond humbly, thoughtfully, biblically, yet forthrightly to an atheist.

3. In his "Thoughts on Officiating the Funeral of an Unbelieving Friend," Michael McKinley gives a sobering list of thoughts from his experience. The short list contains some deeply profound insights on making our lives count.

4. Finally, Dr. Albert Mohler provides a great foundational reminder for preaching Christmas messages in, "Where Does the Story of Christmas Begin."

No comments: